Technically Inclined. PEOPLE & PROCESS MINDED.
Business Development Rep
Location: Remote, USA (Based in CO a plus)
Employment Type: Direct hire, Full-time
Seniority: Entry–Mid level
Squad4 is seeking a high-energy, motivated, and tech-savvy Business Development Representative (BDR) to help us generate and qualify new leads to build a more robust sales pipeline.
The BDR will leverage HubSpot, prospecting tools, and various communication methods (phone, email, LinkedIn, etc.) to generate and qualify new leads—as well as qualify leads produced by marketing campaigns.
Responsibilities & Daily Activities
- Utilize a consistent contact attempt process via phone, email, LinkedIn, and chat to prospect, follow-up, nurture, and qualify leads.
- Prospect, educate and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities.
- Stay up to date with the industry and technologies to ensure you are a trusted resource to prospects and customers.
- Follow established pre-sales processes and fanatically use HubSpot CRM to document/record prospect interactions, ensuring efficient lead management, and sales data for revenue operations improvement.
- Develop and maintain daily plans to maximize prospecting efforts and phone time, including pre-call planning, adhering to metrics and customizing “scripts” to market segments and prospect type.
Qualifications For Success
- You’re a self-starter, knowledge-seeker, and have a deep desire to continuously improve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate any challenges to business leaders.
- You have a “hunter mentality.”
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship required.
- Experience with outbound lead qualification.
- Experience/knowledge of the Inbound Sales Methodology preferred.
- HubSpot Sales Certified preferred.
- Familiarity with cloud-based software services and/or agency services a plus.
- Strong ability to learn new technology and ramp-up quickly.
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment as a team player.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing and note taking skills.
- Quick and efficient with a computer (HubSpot experience preferred).
- Ability to establish rapport quickly and effectively with decision-makers and C-Level execs.
Don’t worry about imposter syndrome or the confidence gap. If you think working with us sounds exciting, we would love to hear from you—so please don’t hesitate to apply. As a startup, we are willing to forgo experience for the right fit. In return, we provide an environment to learn, grow, and see how your contributions have a real impact for our squad and our clients!
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” - Wayne Gretzsky
“If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.” - Thomas J. Watson
Salary & Compensation
Estimated: $45,000 – $80,000 (USD) DOE
At Squad4, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
Benefits & Additional Information
- Make an impact in a lean and fast-growing team environment
- “Core business hours” with flexible work expectations
- Employee-owned business, ownership stake for every squad member
- Fully remote (Headquarters in Denver, CO)
- Technology Allowance: All the tech/tools you need to be successful
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Flexible PTO. Take it when you need it. (Though we’re a small team with ambitious goals)
- Health benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K and retirement planning (Coming 2023)
- The opportunity to escape toxic corporate work culture
- Work with an organization that prioritizes maintaining an environment for professional growth, mutual respect, and rewarding contributions to the squad (team)
- We are a startup—but we are not firefighters. We are a team of experienced professionals taming the Digital Wild West and helping SMBs scale.
- Competitive salary and compensation package (DOE)
The Interview Process
We want "great fit" squad members. We also want to be transparent about how we’ll approach the selection process. So, here it is:
- Apply with a resume AND ONE of the following:
- A cover letter. (We promise we’ll read it.) OR
- (Extra Credit) A short video “cover letter.” Keep it under 2 minutes. (We’re remote and rely on digital comms—so video lets us see and work together. Vidyard is a free tool to record/share videos.)
- Preliminary video interview with Founder/CEO
- Role play “Connect Call” with Founder/CEO and another squad member
- Reference checks
- Join the squad and grow!
To apply—email your resume AND cover letter to email@example.com