Technically Inclined. Creatively Driven.
Content Developer / Web Designer
Department: Service Delivery
Location: Remote, USA (Based in CO a plus)
Employment Type: Direct hire, Full-time
Seniority: Mid-Senior level
Squad4 is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, and team-focused Content Developer / Web Designer to help us deliver beautiful, engaging, and impactful digital experiences for clients and internal projects.
Our ideal Content Developer / Web Designer candidate is a superhero in disguise. Have you spent your career building Batman’s utility belt for creative and digital projects? This role will help our team design, develop, and deliver digital and marketing content for our clients and internal projects. We hope to find a candidate who is “ambi-brained” (both right/left, creative/technical, designer/developer)—that thrives given opportunities to run with projects and create digital experiences that wow clients and get results.
If that’s you—OR—that’s what you aspire to be professionally… We want you on our squad!
Responsibilities & Daily Activities
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Work with project/account managers to help brief and advise clients regarding design style, format, production timeline
- Design and build compelling web content applying a user-centered design mentality to content creation
- Develop strong concepts and layouts with website, print and logo design
- Prepare drafts of material based on an agreed brief
- Build content in HubSpot CMS and Wordpress using existing templates and modules for clients and internal projects
- Use your HTML/CSS skills to code custom content when existing templates aren’t sufficient
- Create visual assets such as images, banners and icons to support your solutions
- Code mobile-responsive emails to support our digital marketing team
Qualifications For Success
- You’re a self-starter, knowledge-seeker, and have a deep desire to continuously improve
- Zealous attention-to-detail for code quality, design, and communications to company standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate challenges to project management and business leaders
- Ability to provide realistic estimates for work and delivery timelines
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship required
- 3+ years of design/development experience in an agency setting (preferred)
- HubSpot CMS certification preferred, but not required
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Up to date with industry-leading design tools (Adobe Suite, Sketch, or alternatives)
- Experience using project management and bug tracking tools
- Organized, dependable and detail-oriented
- Always a Team Player (Squad focused)
- Understanding of an experience implementing SEO is a plus
- Experience with animation/motion graphics a plus
Don’t worry about imposter syndrome or the confidence gap. If you think working with us sounds exciting, we would love to hear from you—so please don’t hesitate to apply. As a startup, we are willing to forgo experience for the right fit. In return, we provide an environment to learn, grow, and see how your contributions have a real impact for our squad and our clients!
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” - Wayne Gretzsky
“If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.” - Thomas J. Watson
Salary & Compensation
Estimated: $75,000 – $100,000 (USD) DOE
At Squad4, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
Benefits & Additional Information
- Make an impact in a lean and fast-growing team environment
- “Core business hours” with flexible work expectations
- Employee-owned business, ownership stake for every squad member
- Fully remote (Headquarters in Denver, CO)
- Technology Allowance: All the tech/tools you need to be successful
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Flexible PTO. Take it when you need it. (Though we’re a small team with ambitious goals)
- Health benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K and retirement planning (Coming 2023)
- The opportunity to escape toxic corporate work culture
- Work with an organization that prioritizes maintaining an environment for professional growth, mutual respect, and rewarding contributions to the squad (team)
- We are a startup—but we are not firefighters. We are a team of experienced professionals taming the Digital Wild West and helping SMBs scale.
- Competitive salary and compensation package (DOE)
The Interview Process
We want "great fit" squad members. We also want to be transparent about how we’ll approach the selection process. So, here it is:
- Apply with a resume, work examples, AND ONE of the following:
- A cover letter. (We promise we’ll read it.) OR
- (Extra Credit) A short video “cover letter.” Keep it under 2 minutes. (We’re remote and rely on digital comms—so video lets us see and work together. Vidyard is a free tool to record/share videos.)
- Preliminary video interview with Founder/CEO
- Short development/strategy workshop with Founder/CEO and another squad member
- Reference checks
- Join the squad and grow!
To apply—email your resume AND cover letter to email@example.com